A career in the fashion sector seems glamorous and rewarding. Have you consider getting into the fashion industry, but may think you can’t manage it? There are many different roles and positions which you can play in the style world. One doesn’t always be a fashion designer but still be in a position to have a very success career in the fashion industry.
Being able to make a living with things you like is always enjoyable. If you’re a fashion fan and like to see beautiful clothes, accessories or sketches around you, then you need to think about beginning a career in the fashion world. Below are some key roles in the fashion world at which it is possible to take part in – in design, production, advertising, to many more.
This is one of the most high profile work in the fashion industry. Designers may be used by firms which possess a set of designers, or work for their own brand and manufacturing line, oras a freelancer providing designs for difference businesses.
There are several Kinds of fashion designers:
1. Apparel designers: Obviously these are clothing designers, ranging from lingerie, sports wear, casual wear to high fashion couture, for men, women and children.
2. Footwear designers: They design footwear for men, women and kids from a style perspective, as well as from a foot-health’s perspective.
Production involves the sampling of clothing and accessories until producing the last bits which would deliver to shops and clients. Check fashion web design as well. This massive work involves a group of different professions:
1. Merchandiser: Merchandisers play an integral role in the production process of a fashion product.They are accountable for buying raw materials for production, selecting fabrics, fabrics and trims. They have to make decisions based on pricing, quality and newest trend and invention of raw materials.
2. Technical Designers: Technical designers would be the sole responsible for performing fittings during the whole sampling to production procedure. They may not be the one who made the garment but are the specialists in providing alternative to the garment to enhance the fitting of garment.
3. Design manufacturers produce and preserve patterns for clothes that designers have sketched out. Pattern manufacturers are key men in realization of a garment.
4. Pattern Graders: The sizing of garment begins with the pattern grading. Pattern graders are specialists in producing size specifications for different sizes. They are vital men in for almost any fashion brands, as a constant sizing across products can preserve customer loyalty and confidence.
5. Fitting Models: Ultimately clothes and apparel are made for putting comfort and style together. Fitting is a crucial role in fashion business and the most exact fitting is to use model as the body for matching.
Many companies have their own dedicated models for fitting their lines, who has the exact sizing dimension the brand needs. Sometimes you would see advertisements searching for sampling versions, from kids, men, women to plus size models.
6. Quality Control Specialists: Quality management is of high importance for any kind of products, and isn’t any exception in fashion industry. Quality management experts look at the quality of raw materials, such as peeling, shrinking and colour fading of fabric and total quality of a style item, for example, the entire construction of an accessory item.
7. Planners: Fashion planners organize closely with designers, merchandisers and buyers to pick the production plan for the forthcoming seasons. They look at both manufacturing and marketing side while paying close attention to the newest fashion trend.
Marketing is as important as making a perfect piece of style item. Whether it’s advertising in a wholesale or retail side, people in fashion marketing bears the mission of promoting the fashion item into this fast changing world.
1. Fashion Buyer/ Retail Merchandisers: Product merchandisers are the ones who buy readymade products to be sold in a store like department stores. These merchandisers conduct researches and examine market tendency, the comparative customer wants and stocks. They bear huge responsibility concerning profit making, since being able to buy the right product for earnings can make a difference in revenue.
2. In comparison with retail sales, showroom sales experts should know their seasonal returning customer better and be able provide comprehensive information on the selling collections.
3. Retail Store Manager/ Boutique Owners: Retail shop manager, earnings and boutique owners will be the first line personnel facing retail clients like you and me.
Other Fashion-related Professions
Besides in the field of designing, producing or marketing a fashion thing, an individual might be attracted by other places like as a writer of style magazine, online sites and fashion event management etc.. Below is a listing highlighting another possible jobs associated with fashion industry:
1. Fashion writers may also develop into fashion magazine editors.
2. Personal Stylists:Some department stores provide private styling solutions while some personal client would employ personal stylist giving them recommendations in personal styling.
3. Fashion event Management/ Public Relations: There are nameless fashion events which necessitates professional public relations and event management employees to look after. There are PR companies specialized in holding fashion related events.
Grasp the Opportunities!
Aside from the aforementioned careers in the fashion industry, there are still many other chances like photographer, costume designer and catalog/ fashion show versions, etc.. Among the most accessible way to keep yourself updated with job chances and style trend is to be active in fashion forum and subscribe to fashion magazines.